a bit of perk coding help?

Hi there! My name's Damian and my boyfriend recently got me into don't starve together! We've been playing for a bit and I've been SUPER interested in making my own character to play as! (definitely one of my persona's).

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to code in some perks for him! The perk ideas i have for him so far are: 

STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.dami = "*Fire reminds him of home.\n*Eating souls calm him down.\n*Suffers from insomnia, the dark raises his insanity."

I don't actually have much coding experience (especially this version of coding) at all but I am an artist, so being able to create a character is a huge plus for me! If there isn't any way to code these in for him that'd be no big deal, but I'd love to try and see if I can take a shot at it! Anyone who can just walk me through it or anything of the sort would be very helpful, as I'm honestly struggling here.

I have an idea with the "Fire reminds him of home" perk, it would be something similar to Willow! The second perk would obviously relate to Wartox, my lil guy's also gonna be a demon so I wanted to throw that in there. The third perk seems a bit difficult though, as I'm not sure how I could put anything like that IN the game or IN his coding. 

Again, any help would be awesome!! If there's no way for me to code these things either just let me know!