Assertion Failed

Hello, I wonder if anyone knows why this happens on a windows-based dedicated server.

For a few of my mods, I get this error:

src\tier1\fileio.cpp (1739) : Assertion Failed: TranslateWinErrorToFileIOError: unhandled error 123.

Four of my mods are having this issue, and it is only an issue on my windows-based dedicated server, but NOT my linux-based dedicated server. (I have 2 dedicated servers).

The mods are: 1840284484 (Achievements and level system), 1416161108 (Camp Security), 1699194522 (Myth Characters), and 1991746508 (Myth worlds theme). 
I don't know if the issue is a mod-developer issue, or if it is a server issue. I just don't know why my mods decide not to load on my windows server, but load just fine on my linux server.

Does anyone have any ideas?

assertion failed.PNG

How would I find out if it has permissions to write to that directory? 
The v2 mods in the "322330" folder are present in that folder, so it looks like steam does have write permissions?? 

I apologize for my confusion, and I appreciate all your support!!

My servers have been running for a long time, and this issue only just began happening after the most recent update.

• Developer

I would recommend deleting all the contents of the 322330 folder containing the workshop mods, and also deleting the appworkshop_322330.acf file that is two folders up (as in delete all of files in root:/content/322330/ and delete the file root:/appworkshop_322330.acf), and see if that resolves your issue.

I have the same error in 4 modes.

--Achievements and Level System
ServerModSetup("1840284484")

--camp security
ServerModSetup("1416161108")

--korean mod
ServerModSetup("2391292843")

--korean font
ServerModSetup("2391197502")

I got an error after this update. Please help us.

Hi,

I made the mod "Achievements and Level System". 
I am testing all this on Windows.

My Dedicated Server is also not starting, so I started a server out of the game, with only my mod enabled.

It started but when I looked at the mod folder there is no folder "workshop-1840284484" where the files of my mod should be.
Not sure how it is even starting properly. Maybe from cached files?

It seems there is a problem downloading zip archives but for other mods it works.
Not sure what I can do to prevent this.

Mhh I always start my server with

start dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master
start dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

I saw that steam is now storing all mods in a different folder for the regular game: 

\steamapps\workshop\content\322330

and for the dedicated server in

\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\ugc_mods

I copied all mods from the first to the second folder, to skip the download from steam, but still getting the assertion error.
also lots of these outputs during startup which were not there before:

[00:00:49]: Registering duplicate lua network variable 3095390526 in entity inventoryitem_classified[115966]

Thanks for the reply, hope the hofix helps

TLDR

Edit1:

Deleting 

\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods
(you may save your dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua before that)

and 

\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\ugc_mods

then starting the dedicated server helped. The server is up but not all mods are active.

Edit2:

I moved the modconfig from the 

modoverrides.lua

to

\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods\modsettings.lua

now all mods are working. A rollback brought back player save data.

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:

This will be fixed in the next hotfix,  this issue occurs if you don't supply a -cluster or a -shard argument when launching a dedicated server.

Thank you so much for your time and support!! I'm looking forward to the next hotfix!

Archived