Adapting Preexisting Mods for Xbox Controller?

Hello!

First of all, I am very very new to modding, so if I am not communicating my concern clearly/correctly, please let me know so I can explain further

As the title says, I am trying to adapt a mod to work for the XBox controller. I am specifically trying to adjust force attack so it doesn't attack followers. Previously I used "Force attack Don't target Friendly" by Mighty Maiq, and that worked beautifully. I haven't been able to find a thread/etc that explicitly talks about adapting a mod like this other than "'Add Xbox buttons for Character mod - Coding help' By Kiibie, November 6, 2017 in [Don't Starve Together] Mods and Tools" (or I've simply overlooked it)

I am learning LUA more, so if it's a simple edit, I can adjust it, but I'd appreciate all of the help I can get. I also know how to access scripts, so if it is better for me to edit the game directly vs editing a mod, let me know. Thank you for helping me in advance!

Archived