Custom character + character select won't show up

Hi guys,

first time poster and first time DST character modder.

After 3 days trial and error, watching and reading a lot of tutorials, searching for solutions... I give up. I can't figure out why neither the character select image isn't showing up nor the ingame character. I don't know how many times I started over and over but nothing worked so far. I'm at a loss here

Now I hope someone here can help me. I've added what I got so far. Also I used the ESC template if it's important to know.

Thanks in advance!

megs.zip

37 minutes ago, C_Thun said:

I tried it, it works as intended in my game:

Beolvasott_202102291.PNG

Weird. It won't show up for me. :(  Is the portrait picture for you there as well?
Also I see there is still the sample text in your screen and not the edited file..

This is the character selection screen (don't mind my guy there).

Add the same big portrait with the name: "megs_none" (don't forget to add an Asset with it to your modmain). This trick sometimes solves the missing portrait for me.

I don't really know what's messy with the golden name. I'm kinda busy right now, but if you can't make it work, maybe I could try to do something with it later.

image.png

Added it, added an asset (I'm not sure if I added it correctly tho) and even created a tex file since the game complained about not finding it. Still won't show up.

I tried like 4 or 5 different tutorials by now, always started from scratch, followed them step for step and not a single one of them worked for me. :wilsondisappointed:

At least I figured out the [characternamehere]_cleared files are placeholders for the part you don't want to use. Not one of the tutorials mentioned that....

For now I need to take a break. My frustration factor is rising.

meh 2.png

meh.png

meh 3.png

[Edit]

I had the sudden thought to check the tex files and discovered that they didn't change even tho I used the autocompiler. Created new tex files with TEXtool of gold and normal name and also for both potraits. In character select I could see half of the portrait for a second but then the game crashed. :')

Also added new zip file.

[Edit]

I'M A HUGE IDIOT and everyone is allowed to laugh at me!
I solved the biggest problem.

I got my steam and DST files on E: but I was in the mod folder on C:

So in conclusion; I had the folder with the files for the character on the wrong partition of my hard drive!!!

No wonder nothing showed up and the autocompiler didn't work! *facepalm*

But on another note where I probably could use some help; I noticed when I hover over the character the golden name on the right won't show up. Instead the name of the character which the mouse hovered before is shown. How can I fix this?

megs.zip

Edited by Xeranah
New Info