[SOLVED] Can't see custom character's head from a side view, please help.

So, there's this glitch that keeps happening with my character mod, where his head from a side view or back view will go completely invisible. It works completely fine from a front view. The problem is also fixed when he puts on a hat, like a top hat.

unknown.png

I used the Extended Sample Character to make this character.

BEFORE YOU SAY IT: Yes, I do have all of the headbase files, with and without the hat, and no, they are not transparent images.

If anyone knows why this is happening, please let me know.

If anyone needs more details to help solve this issue, tell me what you need and I will get you that information if possible.

unknown.png

Do note that he is not supposed to have a face. That's part of the character's design. So are the thick outlines.

[EDIT]: I have solved this problem. If anyone else ever experiences this problem, create all of your textures at once and put all of the textures into the mod file at the same time. That's what I did and it fixed the issue. I don't really know why this glitch happened in the first place or why what I did even worked, but I have it figured out. If more people encounter this problem, and my explanation on fixing it was too vague, just ask and I could try to make a YouTube tutorial on fixing the issue.

Edited by GeraldMcGreg
I have fixed my issue, and I wanted to tell people how they can fix it themselves if they ever experience it.

I checked him out, but I don't really know what seems to be messy. Everything is in place, named just right. It was invisible in my game aswell.

What I can suggest is to start a new Extented Sample character and replace only his head texture with the buggy ones, keep everything else default. If it works that way, start to carefully replace the default files with your custom ones, while you reguralry check the changes ingame. You might be able to slowly sort out what causes the problem.

I'm a bit busy right now to test, but if you have any questions, I'll try my best to help you out.

Edited by C_Thun

14 hours ago, C_Thun said:

I checked him out, but I don't really know what seems to be messy. Everything is in place, named just right. It was invisible in my game aswell.

What I can suggest is to start a new Extented Sample character and replace only his head texture with the buggy ones, keep everything else default. If it works that way, start to carefully replace the default files with your custom ones, while you reguralry check the changes ingame. You might be able to slowly sort out what causes the problem.

I'm a bit busy right now to test, but if you have any questions, I'll try my best to help you out.

I've attempted this 4 times. I might try it again later, but I really can't figure out what's happening here.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, GeraldMcGreg said:

I've attempted this 4 times. I might try it again later, but I really can't figure out what's happening here.

@C_Thun I've figured out that it has something to do with editing the torso files. I downloaded a new esctemplate character again, and slowly edited each file I thought could be a suspect for causing this problem. The glitch finally happened when I reached the torso. Problem is, I have no idea how to fix it, since that should be completely unrelated to the headbase, or at least I'd think. I'm not really sure what to do with this information. I've attached the exported file if you want to take a look at it.

exported.zip

Edited by GeraldMcGreg