[NITRADO SERVER] Caves & Overworld don't want to link

Hello! 
This seems to be a regular question, but many of the guides we've looked it really haven't helped us - probably because we have about as much networking knowledge as a wet towel. We're renting 2 servers from nitrado and had hoped to link these together as a cluster server with one being the master, and the other being the caves. We've managed to get both working perfectly independently, but when it comes to linking them together we've fallen completely short. Like I said we've looked at other threads here, on reddit and nitrado forums but can't seem to get to the bottom of our issue. 

This is all the information nitrado gives about .ini's regarding linking caves:

Now it is necessary to navigate to the following directory on both servers via the file browser: "/dontstarve/storage/config/Cluster_1/master " Here you specify a file named server.ini with the following contents:

[NETWORK] server_port = 11000 //The server port of the respective server is to be specified here. 

[SHARD] 
shard_enabled = true //Set this point to "true" on both servers 
is_master = true //Set this point to "true" for the main server only. 
Bind_ip = 127.0.0.1 //Enter the IP address of the respective server. 
Name = Overworld //The Shardname from the settings is given again. 
Id = 1 //Here a different ID has to be defined. 

[STEAM] master_server_port = 11002 //Masterport +2 
authentication_port = 11001 //Masterport +1 

Now, we've set the bind_ip = 127.0.0.1, we've tried 0.0.0.0, we've tried the IP of the 'respective server', we've tried the IP of the corresponding server. Nothing seems to work. Here's what's in our server.ini, I've redacted the ports, as I am a paranoid person and don't know what can be done with this information! Though if it's needed to help please let me know, anything bold is redacted:
Overworld server's server.ini:

[ACCOUNT]
encode_user_path = true

[NETWORK]
server_port = port of the overworld server 

[SHARD]
shard_enabled = true
is_master = true
bind_ip = 127.0.0.1
name = Overworlld
id = Overworlld

[STEAM]
master_server_port = see below
authentication_port = as below

Cave server's server.ini:

[ACCOUNT]
encode_user_path = true

[NETWORK]
server_port = port of slave server

[SHARD]
shard_enabled = true
is_master = false
bind_ip = 127.0.0.1
name = Caves
id = Caves

[STEAM]
master_server_port = master port +2 eg, master port is 30100, this is now 30102
authentication_port = master port +1 this would be 3010. Obviously, this isn't what's in our .ini, i've just put this here for privacy.

In the Cluster.ini we've got the following under the [shard] heading, I omitted the actual IP's as i'm vaguely paranoid...

Master server:
[SHARD]
shard_enable = true
is_master = true
master_ip = IP.OF.MASTER.SERVER
master_port = portofmasterserver
shard_name = Overworlld
cluster_key = [OMITTED]

Cave Server:

[SHARD]
shard_enable = true
is_master = false
master_ip = IP.OF.MASTER.SERVER
master_port = Portofmasterserver
shard_name = Caves
cluster_key = [nope]

We're kind've losing the will to live at this point as we simply do not understand why it isn't working. If there's any more information I can provide that may shed more light on this please let me know. I appreciate all any any replies to this thread that are even marginally helpful as we're lost. 

Archived