Yet another feedback

Hello,

French here, my english is probably not perfect, sorry about that.

First, this feedback is only built on the 7h of playing on Spaced Out. It's quite short for ONI and to be honest I mainly stayed on the early game. That means I may not know some new mechanism or goals but I think my points should still be relevant:

• Since I was lucky enough to be aboard, I want to be fairplay and track some bugs. And I think I faced one with a dup entombed BUT I have no way to provide a useful feedback:
    • When it has happened it was too quick to validate it was indeed a bug ( mostly if happen only once)
    • Since it was already happened when I realised it I can't really provide any savegame/screenshot

It could be useful for developement/testing builds to enable a mode that allow to "rewind" the game for 5-10 seconds. It could help to go back and see again what happened, to create a save file just before it's happening. I believe that is technically very hard to implement this feature but at the end it could be worth. Thinking about it, it could even be added as a new feature in the release build (via a building needing expensive material to trigger maybe?) as a crisis recovery => I have in mind: who didn't had a dup that was dumb enough to stuck himself somewhere and you discover it when he made a mess...

• I really like the idea of "mix" materials you have to split to be really useful like the (polluted) mud into (polluted) dirt and water. This feature allow a lot of new way to play. I think it should be implemented even more deeper (mixed liquid/gas?)
  • I like the plug slugs (it could be a bit improved with some new plug slug variant). In general I like new critters that provide new ways to answer needs. But I didn't find a way to provide their food forever.
  • In the few maps I have generated, I saw that some planets did not have any geyser at all. I think it's ok as long as there is a way to survive indefinitly. I don't feel like it's the case for the moment
  • I don't like to see rocket buildings in the early step of science. It's probably due to my way of playing this game: I first ensure my dup can breath and eat properly before going to space (and maybe I should change my way of doing here). I'm ok to move the space discovering to mid game instead of late game (and I like the new rocket engines). But I will not focus on filling a CO2/sugar rocket if my dups have only 3 cycles before running out of food/O2...
  • About the science tree, I would prefer to have a dedicated branch for rocketery. For now I feel like unlocking building that I cannot really use.(related to previous point)
  • The maps size should be customizable at the game generation. Personnaly I would prefer them a bit bigger.s It could also be nice to customize the planets cluster size.
  • I don't like the teleportal transmitter/receivers, at least not like that. I could be a nice building to transfer in emergency mode a dup in another planets but it should be very costy to use (like Neural Vacillator). And it could be use only after have discovered it in an other planet. Right now, I feel like cheating by forwarding my duplicant in the next planet without rocket. If the initial idea is to have 2 base in the early game (like let me think the dup in the cryotank you can awake after the first teleport), let's direclty provide 2 printing pods in the 2 planets.
  • I didn't play with warp pipe input/output but I imagine it's the same for materials

The two last point are still fluzzy in my mind since I didn't really reach the mid game (Do these buildings are only working for the 2 first planets or are they also working for the lnew discovered ones?) but they gave me the feeling of canceling the idea of space travelling.

What I had in mind initially is: Survive in the initial world, found a new planet, create a rocket to initiate a new base in this new planete. Create some rocket cargo to provide lacking ressources between the base. And so on with the new discovered planets.

If the idea is the quickly throw the player to manage 2 complementary bases I would prefer a bigger starting planet split in half with neutronium (and with very different biomes) with their respective teleportal/warp buildings to move between them instead cheating on the rocket travelling.

You are doing great job, thank for this game !

Archived