Error when attempting to test new cards

lyra_negotiation.lua

I'm trying to make a mod that adds a new character, but when I went to try to test some cards I'd added, this message appeared:MQ9wxI0fPh.thumb.jpg.4a8e4a00d3864ac7de691c5f204a7232.jpg

I've attached my negotiation file in case there's something there. I haven't made the changes to Github yet.

If I need to provide more files in order for someone to figure out what's causing this issue, please let me know.

This happened on going to the negotiation screen?

If you hit Ignore a few times, there's a chance it might take you to the Lua warning/crash screen, which might be more immediately helpful than the VC++ assertion.

I can't see anything glaringly wrong with your cards or modifiers. My gut says it might be the agent_def? Not sure.

I'm not actually sure what the problem was, but I attempted to test it just now and everything seems to work for the moment... Well, the card that adds composure says "Apply 3 Composure" twice, but that's better than what was happening before.

I don't think I did anything different either - I made sure all the mods were uninstalled, etc...

At any rate, thanks for helping me.

Ah, well the double text is because the COMPOSURE feature adds text to the card on top of providing the effect of applying composure. If you want to make sure features don't add more text than you need, then set manual_desc = true in the card and make sure the desc has everything.

steadiness =
	{
		name = "Steadiness",
		cost = 1,
		desc = "Apply {1} {COMPOSURE}.",
		desc_fn = function(self, fmt_str)
              return loc.format(fmt_str, self:CalculateComposureText( self.features.COMPOSURE ))
          end,
  		manual_desc = true,
        	features =
        	{
         	   COMPOSURE = 3,
        	},
		flags = CARD_FLAGS.MANIPULATE,
		rarity = CARD_RARITY.BASIC,
		target_self = TARGET_ANY_RESOLVE,
	},

Archived