Plug Slugs should burn calories while producing power

They output 400w for 3 of 24 hours of the day; I don't necessarily think it's unbalanced. I only had one group of 4 of them spawn in my swamp biome start. It was a very pleasant surprise when I realized how easy it was to hook them up. It somewhat reduced the amount of time my dupes spend early-game running on hamster wheels. You'll quickly use up the amount of daily power they produce once you start doing any serious industrial processes; or even cooking + research at the same time. And if you don't have a rancher you risk them escaping your charging room once you break it open to put in the wires.  It's a relatively easy thing to set up in early-game once you're aware of the fact that they can only charge when hanging like bats from the ceiling.

If the game design goal here is to enable more productivity for a small number of dupes, I think it's a success. Still a small learning curve for full-on beginner players, with some possibility for mistakes.

With what i have seen as well, they can't sleep on the same tile as another critter, so only 1 can connect to a power line per tile. This also restricts the amount they can be "abused" (my ranch where the extra eggs go into a 1 tile wide room for them all to hang failed because of this, i was gutted but at the same time relieved) 

Archived