Importing older saves

Hi everyone!

Recently I've been trying to import my older saves back to the game, the first time since the unlimited saves update came out. Each of these exported saves consists of the Cluster_n folder and the nth entry of the client_save\saveindex file, placing these back to one of the old 5 slots used to work fine. In the current version these saves won't appear in the "Host game" list at all.

Is it possible to convert these older saves to the new format somehow?

Some more details: I never installed the beta version, and none of my current saves were lost or corrupted when the update came out. I use the Steam version on Windows 10.

Thanks for the help in advance!

• Developer

If you restore the nth entry of the client_save\saveindex file, and put the Cluster_n folder, you can run the command

ShardSaveGameIndex:RerunSlotConversion(slot)

with slot being the cluster slot you restored to the saveindex and Cluster_n folders.

Just a couple notes:
this will delete an existing slot, so if you decide to put these in Cluster_1, and run this command it would wipe an existing cluster 1 save, if it existed.
secondly, just like before, you'll need to restart the game to reload the saveindex after editing it, otherwise this command won't work properly.

if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Oh, and this should go without saying, but make sure to keep extra backups of all your savedata in case something goes wrong while converting the slots.

Archived