what is local exactly

So i got 1 question . So I lov e dont starve and I told my friend about it and soon we started discusion about DST and how we could play toghether but theres 1 thing i dont have PS4 + meaning i cnat just find where he is so he will be getting this on his laptop and so he can play multyplayer with no price but i can only play with others in local and since there are no open servers from me i got 2 theorys 1 no one in my city plays dont starve wich has a really high chance or 2 its a short distance maybe even just my wifi so shortly said i wanna know what the range of local is if we play once can we add eachother as friends and then see eachothers worlds and can I play with him without PS4 + so thats it how can i play with him is it possible with a laptop and aPS4 without PS4 +

You won't be able to play DST cross platform. You can only play it online multiplayer  if you have ps+ with other ps4 players that also have ps+. Local means split screen, not your local area. So you'll need 2 controllers and buddy sitting next to you...

Archived