Name Plate not Working in Mod

I'd editing the visuals of my mod and so far so good, but the character's name plate just doesn't seem to work.  I've checked a few other mods and all of them lack the signature name plate above the character's portrait.  I have a website to generate the name's design, and the game's auto-compiler does recognize the files, but while choosing a character, does not display the image.  Is this feature simply, broken?
https://gg.dstealth.com/Dont-Starve-Together/

Quick rundown of what I do is input the desired photo into the images file, compile it, and two new files are generated per photo.  The ones I can understand look something like:  "<Atlas><Texture filename="names_furryeskimo.tex" /><Elements><Element name="names_furryeskimo.tex" u1="0.00048828125" u2="0.85498046875" v1="0.1533203125" v2="0.9990234375" /></Elements></Atlas>"

Edited by FurryEskimo

This is a test of mindfulness.

In the beginning, we welcome the notes file without deleting or changing it . Next, we need to delete 4 files (tex and xml ) . Then we change the png files ( we don't change the size of images ) . After entering the game, our files are compiled .

Now the most interesting thing .

Open the xml file using the Wordpad application . And the first name is saved as is-name_gold_ (character).tex, and the second change - (character). tex . 

There are several screenshots below . By the way, do you know the answer to my post?

Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.11 - 10.19.06.47.png

Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.11 - 10.26.10.94.png

Edited by Zoodilov_oo

6 hours ago, Zoodilov_oo said:

Open the xml file using the Wordpad application . And the first name is saved as is-name_gold_ (character).tex, and the second change - (character). tex . 

That's what the guide I'm using said to do, but it's not working, yet.  There is one extra odd behavior that might help explain this.  When I hover over other modded characters, their name plate is simply blank, but mine mimics the last official character's name plate that I hovered over.  Perhaps the name plate needs to be called on inside the modinfo or modmain file?

Edit:  So far I haven't found anything wrong, the assets are called for correctly in modmain.  Every so often some new files appear in the mod called "names_esctemplate" and "names_gold_esctemplate".  Not sure what this means, but it's simply not doing what I want it to, even with the aforementioned edits.

Edited by FurryEskimo

sorry for the crooked translation I'm from Russia . And so opening xml via Wordpad we have to change the second name .

esctemplate-this is the name of a character that everyone remakes into their own . Obviously in place of esctemplate will be the name of your character. 

we need to get this image in an xml file.

<Atlas><Texture filename="names_esctemplate.tex" /><Elements><Element name="esctemplate.tex" u1="0.00048828125" u2="0.85498046875" v1="0.1533203125" v2="0.9990234375" /></Elements></Atlas>

the following shows what you see after compiling the game file

|here names to delete (the first names to leave) 

<Atlas><Texture filename="names_esctemplate.tex" /><Elements><Element name="names_esctemplate.tex" u1="0.00048828125" u2="0.85498046875" v1="0.1533203125" v2="0.9990234375" /></Elements></Atlas>

Do not forget that the notes file needs to be changed . If you used a life hack, you don't need to do this (life hack-ctrl+shift+f replace the names)

"There is one extra odd behavior that might help explain this.  When I hover over other modded characters, their name plate is simply blank, but mine mimics the last official character's name plate that I hovered over.  Perhaps the name plate needs to be called on inside the modinfo or modmain file?" - This is normal! When you change the xml file and notes file correctly: everything will work correctly . And the name will display the fact that you have done .

46 minutes ago, FurryEskimo said:

That's what the guide I'm using said to do, but it's not working, yet.  There is one extra odd behavior that might help explain this.  When I hover over other modded characters, their name plate is simply blank, but mine mimics the last official character's name plate that I hovered over.  Perhaps the name plate needs to be called on inside the modinfo or modmain file?

Edit:  So far I haven't found anything wrong, the assets are called for correctly in modmain.  Every so often some new files appear in the mod called "names_esctemplate" and "names_gold_esctemplate".  Not sure what this means, but it's simply not doing what I want it to, even with the aforementioned edits.

If what I said above does not work and the names of the official characters are not displayed at all , try reinstalling the game (completely) and try again .

@Zoodilov_oo
Right, I've done that.  Something weird seems to be happening.  The files are imported, converted correctly, and files edited.  What could be wrong..

<Atlas><Texture filename="names_furryeskimo.tex" /><Elements><Element name="furryeskimo.tex" u1="0.00048828125" u2="0.85498046875" v1="0.1533203125" v2="0.9990234375" /></Elements></Atlas>

<Atlas><Texture filename="names_gold_furryeskimo.tex" /><Elements><Element name="gold_furryeskimo.tex" u1="0.00048828125" u2="0.85498046875" v1="0.1533203125" v2="0.9990234375" /></Elements></Atlas>

Edited by FurryEskimo

Edit:  We got it working.  We added the ReadMe.txt back in (just in case) and corrected a minor error.

<Atlas><Texture filename="names_gold_furryeskimo.tex" /><Elements><Element name="gold_furryeskimo.tex" u1="0.00048828125" u2="0.85498046875" v1="0.1533203125" v2="0.9990234375" /></Elements></Atlas>

Needed to be written as:
<Atlas><Texture filename="names_gold_furryeskimo.tex" /><Elements><Element name="furryeskimo.tex" u1="0.00048828125" u2="0.85498046875" v1="0.1533203125" v2="0.9990234375" /></Elements></Atlas>

Edited by FurryEskimo