[SOLVED] Custom Speech Strings Won't Play

Hey, I'm working on making my first mod, so apologies if I'm leaving out any crucial info.

The game will not use my edited speech file and instead defaults to WIlson's speech strings whenever I load into the game. There's no issues with crashing, it simply just won't use the custom strings. Is there something that has to be done that I've missed?

Edited by asrieI
solved

Show me your file with the strings and maybe modmain.lua. I might be able to catch the error that's causing this.
There's probably some typos or not correctly formulated code that the game can't understand.

Edited by IThatGuyI
  • Like 1

Alright! I've attached both. It's not meant to be a serious character and more so for playing with my bf so there's some profanity in the speech_seth.lua which I suspected could be causing it, but not entirely sure if that would be a valid reason. Thanks in advance for offering to take a look

speech_seth.lua modmain.lua

Edited by asrieI
words

I see in your modmain.lua your characters name, when referring to the strings, is in lower case. I had a friend with a somewhat similar problem and he had to put his characters name in upper case. Like this: STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.SETH, STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.SETH, STRINGS.CHARACTERS.SETH

• Like 2