LFHelp calling components.inventory:GiveItem()

So I am trying to make interacting with an object yield 2 items instead of one.  I started with adding a new pick function to double the input on Pickable:SetUp and then wrote new code for calling Pickable:Pick(picker) in varying ways to support looting 1 item and 2 items.  On one of the iterations it worked, but now I cant duplicate it.  So I moved on to try to force the game to add an item to the players inventory when told to pick in the items code itself.  I thought using

local loot1 = SpawnPrefab("X")
GetPlayer().components.inventory:GiveItem(loot1, nil, Vector3(TheSim:GetScreenPos(self.inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition())))

would work, but it is failing as well. Any help would be appreciated.  Maybe I am just doing it an overly complicated way?

Just an FYI, I was able to solve the problem by editing the components.pickable.lua more and having it pick 2 different items.  So I can now pick cave bananas/berries and occasionally get a banana/berry and additional seed for planting in the same action! So excited...

However, I am still interested to know how to use the GiveItem function if anyone would still care to explain.  THANKS!

Archived