Localized priority increase for errands

So I'm well aware of the priority tree and how the various errands are categorized (operating/tidying/supplying/etc.)  What I would like to see is a slightly higher priority for something that is already close by. For example:

If I have two digsites, on the left side of my base, and the right side of my base, that I want two different teams working on.(I have 2 diggers.)  I have two sets of dig orders set at, lets say priority 7, because I want each digger to work on one side. But what I'm seeing is that Digger A is on left digsite, and Digger B is on right digsite, but they will actually trade spaces for every other tile. A will dig on left 1 tile, then run all the way over to right side, dig one tile, then go back to left, and dig one tile. Digger B will do the same starting on the right side. It's a huge waste of time.

It would be really nice if, given all other priorities are equal, there is a very very slight (0.1 or less?) priority increase for tiles that are close by what you're already doing. That way you'd have a slight priority to finish the same set of digs/builds/etc based on where you are and not walk all over the map back and forth.

This already exists. If you look into the gear in the top right of priority menu you can enable the setting.

This won't fully solve the issue if your diggers have nothing else to do. An empty digger queue with multiple dupes will still exhibit this behavior because there dupes don't "reserve" work more than 1 task ahead.

Archived