Set sweep command to selected item(s) by keyboard command

If I want to order my duplicants to sweep a single item, I first have to click the item and then click the "Sweep" button in the box in the bottom right corner of the screen. This quickly becomes very frustrating when I have to do it for multiple items. Instead of clicking the "Sweep" button, I would very much like to be able to type a key command for this.

As we probably all know, any modern word processor worth it's salt lets me set the search parameter to the selected text. In macOS this has been standardized and the keyboard command "Command-E" is globally reserved for this purpose. Similarly I'd like to have a keyboard command that lets me set the filter for "select material to sweep" to a selected item by keyboard command. This would be much quicker than endlessly fiddling around in the checkboxes of the material selection list.

I suggest you use the mod "Sweep By Type". You can select with a multiple choice filter the type(s) of material you want to move into storage(s). Then you can drag the area with the debris in question. No single item picking is needed. No clicking on a sweep button in a info window is needed.

Archived