I was playing recently with my friends and I realized that bosses when there

are more than three people on the server are very easy to defeat (very easy), I think that for only one person it is quite balanced, but

for more than two it is very easy, so my idea is, for each person on the server outside the (host) the bosses could earn life buffs and

atk based on the number of people on the server, like deerclops she has 4000 life points for each person he would earn 4000 more,

that too would apply to atk type 75 plus 75 for each person, anyway this is just an idea ...

While I do understand the importance of a challenge for boss fights, I will say that there are bosses meant for fighting in teams (that are actually rather difficult to do so solo even for veterans). You cannot always count on your team to be right beside you for any fight, and sometimes you are forced to fight bosses without any aid (such as a treeguard in Winter when you are tasked with gathering wood) with one major example being the deerclops. If each player were away from the base when the deerclops spawns and one player was near multiple structures, the deerclops would spawn near them and force them to fight by themselves; this is a non-issue for organized teams, but very unreliable for random servers to be honest. 

17 hours ago, coordyceps said:

75 plus 75 for each person

While I certainly respect your position, I would like to give my two-cents if that's alright.

• If you had 5 people (including yourself) on a server at any one time and someone spawned a Treeguard when chopping wood, it would require everyone to stop what they're doing to focus on this boss to take it down because of the large health pool that would (for a large treeguard assuming) exceed 18,750 health. 
  • While wearing a Log Suit that has 80% dmg absorption and 315 hp, you would be looking at about 310 dmg per hit with 248 being absorbed by the suit itself (of which will break in 2 hits) and a whopping 62 dmg dealt to the player's healthpool (which means for normal characters with 150 hp, you could survive only 2 hits before dying on the third).
  • Team-based bosses would be an entire other league of impossible under the same logic, with (normal) Toadstool's health sitting at an insane 262,500 hp (roughly 3,860 dark sword hits before dmg reduction from toadstool) and with his boomshroom dmg (at it's lowest) being about 500 dmg (which would destroy a Log Suit in 1 hit, and deal a remaining 100 dmg to the player which would outright kill a Maxwell) maxing out at an outrageous 1,250 dmg (which, despite easily destroying a Log Suit, would outright kill any player that was not a maxed out Wolfgang or WX-78) and the leftovers of which cap out at 1,000 damage absorbed, and 250 dmg dealt to the victim.

While I do understand that fighting bosses can either be very easy or very hard depending on who fights them, I will certainly say that there are new challenges that the devs are constantly putting out on a regular basis, and the Crab King is a great example of that fact :)

Archived