Need help with first mod

First time forum poster(on the klei forums) and first time modder here; I dont have very much if any coding experience but I've been getting by making my basic mods by frankensteining together snippets of code that I reverse engineer however I'm starting to have some issues in game that I can't fix alone.

my goal is to make a custom character(using the dst extended template) who can craft their own grenade throwable; this is fine and I got my own recipe and flavor text but I also wanted to have a starting inventory of 5 bird_egg to jumpstart the gunpowder supply in my games but every time I start the game theres no items in my inventory and on top of that my custom stats arent showing up but instead I have wilsons stats(as well as a wilson skin and not the extended character template)

any and all help is really appreciated; wasn't sure where to go with this question and I can provide the code if anyone wants to look over it; I'm sure its just a silly mistake  :p

I don't have much experience making characters and it would be difficult to determine the problem without logs etc. I can say that DST and DS are not the same in terms of modding. DST has a lot of functions and stuff that DS does not (and vice versa).

I definitively recommend that you look at some custom characters for DS and see how they do things.

1 minute ago, Mr. Higgsbury II said:

I don't have much experience making characters and it would be difficult to determine the problem without logs etc. I can say that DST and DS are not the same in terms of modding. DST has a lot of functions and stuff that DS does not (and vice versa).

I definitively recommend that you look at some custom characters for DS and see how they do things.

I might have posted in the wrong place but I should have mentioned i'm making these characters for DST

1 hour ago, Flossthief said:

I might have posted in the wrong place but I should have mentioned i'm making these characters for DST

Oh yeah, if you want help for a DST mod I would post over there. They probably know a lot more and are more active since DS doesn't receive much attention anymore.

Archived