Optional Resources for Buildings

In the game buildings usually require only one type of resource to build, which seems sometimes too easy to me. I think there should be a section called "Select optional resource" in the menu that shows info about a building. Selecting an optional resource could increase some stats of the building such as decor if added glass, or light production in lamps if added glass or diamond. I want this in the game to actually find a good use for glass. It is a commonly used material in real life but not in ONI, and it deserves its place. 

Here is a list of optional resource ideas that I came up with:

Decor bonus of 10-20% if added glass to decor positive buildings

Decor penalty reduction of 25-30% if added glass to buildings that decrease decor (maybe wires)

Heat production reduction of 15-30% if added plastic

+1000 Lux if added glass to ceiling lights or lamps

25-50% light range increase to ceiling lights and lamps

15-20% reduction light decay within distance

Power need reduction 5-10% if added copper (not shown if copper is already chosen) or silver (a rare resource i suggested) (silver should provide more reduction)

Safe wattage +500 watts to both wires and +5000 watts to both heavi wires if added plastic or silver (a rare resource i suggested)

+ Insulation effect to conveyor rails, farm tiles and hydroponic farms if added plastic with plastic's own thermal conductivity

Incubation rate increase of +100% if used glass in incubators

Runspeed bonus of +25% if used lumber in regular tiles

Archived