Option to shorten the Jump Buffer

Coming from Counter Strike's kz, I use the scroll wheel to jump. In this game it's not required to use scroll wheel to bhop consistently due to Jump Buffering (The game gives you some leeway. If you press jump a few frames early before you land, it will still count the jump.), which is a great addition. However, because I use scroll wheel, and that I rarely ever miss a jump, I don't need this buffer. I've actually had a good few situations where I have jumped when not wanting to jump because of it.

For example, if I jump from a platform onto a pipe. I scroll and jump, due to how scroll jumping works I actually continue spamming jump after leaving the ground meaning if I grab onto the pipe too quickly the Jump Buffer will still be active and when I grab onto the pipe and I will immediately jump off the pipe even though I didn't jump while on the pipe. This can also happen when I go through a teleport checkpoint right after jumping.

I'd love an option to disable this, or even better, to shorten it as it still helps scroll wheel users, it's just currently too long. I do think most people will want to keep it as it is but for the few like me who are used to kz it'd be a really nice option to have. Thanks!

Archived