Is editing a basic character sprites against the rules?

I'm trying to change Wilson's arms to be white like all the other characters, I downloaded a mod from the workshop that does that but it looks like its doesnt work no more.

I tried exporting Wilson's textures using "player_basic.zip" anim.bin file (Since "wilson.zip" doesnt have it's anim.bin and krane needs a anim.bin file to decompile sprites) I edited/added two .png that were missing from the original mod. Compile it (using the "wilson.scml" sprite file that the "player_basic.zip" anim.bin file left, otherwise I can't compile the file since its need a .scml to create an "anim.bin". Weird thing, since the base game characters dont use a "anim.bin" they just apply the animations when needed. Dont know why we need them for making mod characters, but ok.) 

Then I deleted the "anim.bin" in the wilson.zip file, so i would get the characters with the sprited modified but no "anim.bin" since wilson.zip doesnt use one. Anyway this didnt work.

I assume since we can't make base characters skins, editing the base sprites it's still against the rules so the game doesnt load the "mods/Wilson Arms Fixed/anim/wilson.zip". Either that, or I need to edit an script file or something.

image.png.227fc6a09a2f120a1f3595f54503872f.png

(There are the mod files btw)

If anybody could help me I would apreciate it. 

BTW, is it possible to get a "anim.bin" which contains the character looking in all directions when I check the .scml ?

image.thumb.png.6fc648716595a7b125b6d015f8751fab.png

(Like here I mean)

because the "Example Character" (The one in the picture) for making mods is out of date (Missing Sprites) and the head/body dimentions aren't the ones the base game uses, so no matter how big you make the texture inside the .png the head is going to look weird compared to other characters (the body not so much, since every character uses the same dimensions)

If anybody could help me with those two things I would greatly apreciate it.

UPDATE: Added a "modmain.lua" 

image.png.f41a228a30a46f54f19b52570ba217e2.png

Seems to have an effect in the game, it crashes. (No log, just ctd)

I have tried now both with my edited Spirtes, and the wilson.zip that came with the mod (Crashes in both cases).

Help?