Mod Requests/Suggestions?

I'm new to the forum and apologize profusely if this isn't the way to go about things. I was sent over because a friend of mine said it was probably easier to ask here for any experienced modders to see if these two mods I'd like to make are even possible before I go through the process of learning to read lua. I'm an experienced programmer with HTML and CSS and an artist but I have no experience in game development but I love DST and DS in general and would like to see these mods in future sometime. It's alright if no one wants to make them but just letting me know if they're even possible before I jump in would be nice and I'd be very grateful. I'm going to jump in, either way, it's just nice to have some info beforehand.

MOD IDEAS

• A mod that allows players to craft more than one critter. I play on long-winded endless servers with my younger brother and friends and am the kind of dork who adores the critter system, constantly saving up spools for new critter skins but it's so sad that you have to abandon your first friend in order to have another. I'd like a mod that would allow you to have a little Glomglom buddy and a Kitten at the same time, with feeding and skins and what not. Just two or three would be enough. I see lots of mods in the steam archive that manipulate the critters and they are all well and good but to my knowledge, none of these do this. I know you can spawn in a second critter using the console [ even though it's just a stray that floats around for decoration] so it shouldn't be totally impossible, right?
  • A Mod that prevents baby beefalos from growing up and perhaps lets you domesticate them so they follow you around? There's already a feature in the game that makes the beefy baby follow you if you murder their mother. [ You evil person. ] but I'd like a configuration that allowed you to keep it as a permanent baby pet. [ As you can probably tell. I like the pet options in this game.]

And that's it really. I'm sorry if I took up anyone's time or made a fool of myself. Thank you for reading this!

-Shishi