Changes to Voting System

My "Weighted Voting System + Miscellaneous" thread ties into this, but here is a separate suggestion to help.

Remove the option to regenerate the world entirely, for now, until a better voting system is implemented. I was just in a Klei server that had reached winter when three players, Not a robot, Choclatey milk?, and I have 1 Lucy the axe, all joined and began kicking out the other people who were playing before they voted to regenerate the world. I was alone and could not keep the vote from happening so all of my work up until that point was gone in an instant. Without the choice to vote to regenerate the world they could have kicked me, true, but that vote option makes it too easy for people to lose their work like that. If the people of the server do decide unanimously they want to restart they can always suicide-reset the world by all dying and waiting out the timer, so removing the vote has no downside.

Also, there should be a period of time you have to wait between kicks. Not the start of the vote, which is limited to people whose prior votes have failed, but actual kicks. So, if the trolls join and kick one person out they can not immediately move on to kicking out the rest of the server.

However, these measures are not enough. Something needs to happen to stop this from happening altogether. The voting system was implemented to help dedicated players remove trolls from their midst, but it has had the opposite effect. Trolls now use it to kick out the dedicated players. Plus, there are others who will use it for their own personal matters, such as voting to kick someone who said something they did not like or even going so far as to try to kick a person out in order to steal their base. People are abusing this power and they need to be stopped.

Archived