New Technology: Cloning

Opinion?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yeah, pretty cool!
    • Needs some tweaks, but otherwise solid.
    • Major tweaks, but a good premise.
    • Terrible idea. Why would you do this?!

I'm not quite sure where this would fit, perhaps a seperate tree?

First tech: Test-Tube Cloning

Allows for the following to be constructed:

Cloning Dish

Incubator

Protien Harvester

Blood Extractinator (Deliberatly spelt such.)

The process starts with the blood extractinator. This takes blood from a clone, leaving them 'dizzy' for a certain amount of time. This is a temporary debuff that lowers their strength, digging and medicine for a period of time. Dizzy clones cannot be harvested for blood.

Another way to kickstart this process is to feed bodies or other creatures (created later,) to the protein harvester. This mushes down bodies, using the cooking skill, to create a large amount of protein mash. Blood can also be fed into this device. The device, once it has gained enough protein mash, produces a protease slush, using the tinkering skill.

The protease slush can then be taken to the cloning dish, where it is fed in. Using the tinkering skill, it creates a cloning bud, which can be taken to the incubator. After a single cycle, the incubator will create a cloned patty, worth 2000 kcals. This can be cooked to add a further 500 kcals.

Second tech: Animal Cloning

Allows for the following to be constructed:

Cloning Bay

Large Incubator

Once again, the process starts with a large amount of Protease Slush. When carried to the Cloning Bay, instead of a cloned bud, it instead creates a cloned embryo, which must be taken to the incubator. After two cycles, an immature baby klickchick (chicken) can be taken out. This can be fed to the musher, but it is better to place it in the large incubator, where it will mature into a baby klickchick. The klickchick will lay eggs once it matures, but has an accelerated lifespan and neumerous defects from being cloned, so only lives for seven cycles after it matures, producing one egg a cycle. It takes three days for a baby klickchick to mature, where it will not produce eggs. When it dies, it's body can be harvested for a klickchick breast, worth 3000 calories, or fed back into the protein harvester.

Opinions?

Kind of twisted but not overly dark or something like that, which is kind of the thing Klei does. I like the Idea of the duplicants "feeding" themselves but I think you need to create another prerequisite to creating a "Protein Bud" so that in early game it is more feasible than late game. (so players are forced to use tier 2, more than tier 1)

Other than that I like it.

43 minutes ago, Wesselinator said:

Kind of twisted but not overly dark or something like that, which is kind of the thing Klei does. I like the Idea of the duplicants "feeding" themselves but I think you need to create another prerequisite to creating a "Protein Bud" so that in early game it is more feasible than late game. (so players are forced to use tier 2, more than tier 1)

Other than that I like it.

Remember, early game you have 3 duplicants, and you require a large amount of blood to make the slush. It's actually better for late game:

1. Spread out blood collection across multiple people

2. Likely have a klickchick, and the eggs can be eaten whilst the body fed into the machine

3. Grows faster than crops

Archived