[SOLVED] Tuning Poison damage ???

SrNomercy

Hi guy! Need some help here, please !!!

I some how made my character a special weapon, made it do poison damage orver time (like poison spear in SW). but problem is the damage over time is kinda weak, so i look around and find these lines in the tuning.lua file:

Spoiler

[...]  

POISON_DURATION = 120, -- the time in seconds that poison normally endures
   POISON_DAMAGE_PER_INTERVAL = 2, -- the amount of health damage poison causes per interval
   POISON_INTERVAL = 10, -- how frequently damage is applied

[...]

I think this is it, but i dont want to change the main file of the game. So i wonder is there anyway so i to bring these line into my weapon.lua (cause just copy paste does't do the trick :D) so that i can manipulate it.

P/s: I'm just a copy-paster , so please be as specific as possible. I appreciate you taking the time to read my topic.

Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.

Man, dont think i'm that lucky, some how i found the answer for my question. it's ridiculously simple (for those who know what they doing ,not me of course)

Thank you rezecib & tenabrae for bringing that up in their topic:

and here is how to do it:

Spoiler

local TUNING = GLOBAL.TUNING
TUNING.POISON_DURATION = 120 -- the time in seconds that poison normally endures
TUNING.POISON_DAMAGE_PER_INTERVAL = 20 -- the amount of health damage poison causes per interval
TUNING.POISON_INTERVAL = 1 -- how frequently damage is applied, in second, here mean 20 damage per second for 120 second

Copy these line into the modmain.lua of your character file. Save & Done

I think you can tuning anything with this code, just replace the part behind the "TUNING." with the variable you want to change. Those variable is coded in tuning.lua located in game's folder\data\scripts.

P/s: I appreciate you taking the time to read my topic
Sorry for any mistakes. English is not my native language.

Archived