Need Some Help Reading This Log Text

So I'm just trying to make a small mod. I used another simple mod and went off of it to make this mod. It's just a wood sword and I'm almost finished with it. The problem is that it shows up on the mod list but if i enable it and apply it, it freezes my screen after it reloads. So I went and looked at my log text and tried to figure what's wrong with my mod but I'm having some trouble understanding what exactly is wrong. Nothing in this log tells me what file is wrong and they are all from the games lua's and not my mod lua's from what I see.

LUA ERROR stack traceback:
        =[C] in function 'assert'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/util.lua(292,1) in function 'resolvefilepath'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(53,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(81,1)
        =(tail call) ?
        =[C] in function 'xpcall'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(42,1)
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mods.lua(303,1) in function 'RegisterPrefabs'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(108,1) in function 'LoadAssets'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1149,1) in function 'DoResetAction'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1164,1) in function 'complete_callback'
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(111,1) in function 'Load'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1185,1) in function 'callback'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(602,1) in function 'Set'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(486,1)
        =[C] in function 'GetPersistentString'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/playerprofile.lua(484,1) in function 'Load'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(1184,1) in main chunk
        =[C] in function 'require'
        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(661,1)    
scripts/mods.lua(253,1) Disabling Wood Sword because it had an error.    
scripts/frontend.lua(723,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen    
scripts/mods.lua(319,1) Mod: Wood Sword      Registering default mod prefab    
SimLuaProxy::QueryServer()
HttpClientWriteCallback (0x00915F41, 1, 1272, 0x06B6FD60)
HttpClientWriteCallback READ 1272 (1272 total)
scripts/modindex.lua(85,1) ModIndex: Load sequence finished successfully.

Reset() returning
QueryServerComplete no callback
QueryServerComplete no callback
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf0533cd6 (OUTOFSPACE)
scripts/mods.lua(331,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_Wood Sword    
Collecting garbage...
lua_gc took 0.04 seconds
~SimLuaProxy()
lua_close took 0.03 seconds
Could not unload undefined prefab 0xf0533cd6 (OUTOFSPACE)
Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager. 
Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager. 
HttpClient::ClientThread::Main() complete
Shutting down

the code you need to look at is generally located above LUA stack traceback

example :

Spoiler

...tarve/data/../mods/SortInventory Altered/modmain.lua:385: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
F:/GAMES/_Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/SortInventory Altered/modmain.lua:385 in (upvalue) sort_inv (Lua) <314-514>

so yeah the line just below is also descriptive but still the line who says : "attempt to index a nil value" is the line above.

you might have just triggered an error who makes the rest of the game crash trying to handle it. I know some mods do that. For example there's a tunnel builder mod out there, that tend to crash on using the tunnel after a while, and it crashes throwing a game files error like this :

Spoiler

...mapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua:466: attempt to index field 'timeline' (a nil value)
F:/GAMES/_Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/stategraph.lua:466 in (method) UpdateState (Lua) <444-488>
   self =
      timelineindex = 1
      tags = table: 3C85FDB0

I'm not sure how to help you more unfortunately.

That helped. I remember reading a couple places saying look under the LUA stack traceback so that where I was looking. Thank you. I kinda feel stupid now that i didn't see that before XD but I'm new to this so it doesn't bother me. I figured it out and now it works just fine ^-^ all i have to do is tweak the images a little then it's good to do!

Archived