Having issues on my friends server

Sorry if this is the wrong place.

A friend and I are having some annoying issues on the server were playing on. It's not a dedicated server, just a server hosted from the game (by my friend).

Everything has gone pretty smoothly, but now, everytime my friend leaves, she can't get our world running again without rolling back to the last backup, AND deleting the caves save file. Doing just one of these won't solve the issue. This also means the caves would need to be reset everytime.

In addition, when I try to enter the caves, I get a message saying "The server you were on is not currently available", and get disconnected. This happens each time I try to enter, but my friend has no issues. I'm not sure if this is connected, but it basically makes caves unplayable right now, which is very frustrating. I tried googling the issue, but I couldn't find anything relevant.

Welcome to the forums, sorry to hear about your issues. The subforum you want this in is General Discussions (Bug Tracker if you wish to contact the devs directly). Please attach the logs you have so that people can look into the problem. You may also want to ask the staff to move the thread there. When we have the logs, the chances of helping you grow exponentially. Good luck!

I saw that quite a few people were having issues with caves in the bug tracker subforum, and starting a new game with caves on didn't work either, so to take a guess, I'd say that it's actually something to do with Klei, and not me - the issue is also fixed now I believe. I'll try again with getting the server up later today, and hopefully everything will be smooth. If not, I'll post all of the log files. Thanks for the help.

12 hours ago, MrNooby said:

I saw that quite a few people were having issues with caves in the bug tracker subforum, and starting a new game with caves on didn't work either, so to take a guess, I'd say that it's actually something to do with Klei, and not me - the issue is also fixed now I believe. I'll try again with getting the server up later today, and hopefully everything will be smooth. If not, I'll post all of the log files. Thanks for the help.

My pleasure though we did not really get to the helping part ;)! I have not opened the game since Saturday, but it does sound like a global issue. See if you can create a one-sharded world, then if it works, try another, this time with caves. I really hope it will work out.

Archived