(UK) Heaven's Reach

Hello I am going to rent a nice Dedictated Server for don't starve together.

It will be hosted in the UK (I'm british) and I would love to have new members to come and play with me :)

If you are interested let me know as I wont buy a server if no interest in it.

Server Stats:

Game mode: Survival

PVP: Off

Mods: None

Language spoken in game: English

Game settings: All set to Default but world size massive

Rules: Please respect people's bases do not steal from them or enter their area/base without their permission and no griefing. Also all language must be spoken in English unless it's in whisper.

Please feel free to add me on Steam: Castania1

Sounds good, though there are a couple of things to consider.

If you are going to rent a server, get as much RAM as you can. I saw great difference between 8, 16 and 32 GB. Similarly a good processor.

No matter the setup, you WILL want to set the world regrowth rate to at least accelerated. I guess you want a rented dedi to have more than 16 players, right? So you WILL need a faster regrowth rate to keep them occupied. It is easier than increasing the number of prefabs. How many slots will you have, by the way?

Will it be multi-sharded?

And general stuff... how will you handle entering bases? Will you remove setpieces, go in yourself and mark their location on the map so that they are excluded...? I would really like to hear about the details, would you be fine with me sending you my Steam link so that we can talk more freely please?

EDIT:

@Castania, I have just found the server through Jacklul's board to connect through c_connect("185.38.149.206", 1628) and it says the map is medium. You were talking about a massive world. Is it your server? What changed?

Archived