Help Please

Alright, for the past few days I've been making my own mod. I've originally just took someone else's mod and didn't change any names just the .tex files to make it look how I want. I got bored and wanted to make a real mod with my own coding, this worked I switched the names of the files and names in the files to my character's name . It worked! it ran correctly with my characters name BUT, for some reason it didn't have the correct skin or sound even though I specifically made it my own sound NOT Wilson's. Also no skins worked, it was just Wilson's. I looked at my other mods to add a minimap icon and I added the coding to the modmain and character script and added my minimap icon to the images. (note I did change the code that made it go to Wilson's minimap character) I load up the game and nothing the minimap is still Wilson. I decide I'm just doing something wrong and ill do it later. I then try to edit the character's stats. I load up the game nothing changed its just wilsons. I try adding a string that makes freezing delayed, Nope still freezes.

I just came to accept the fact if I change anything in the script file it wont work or add anything.
I cant get it to display the correct skin
I cant get it to display the correct minimap icon
I cant get it to change its stats
I cant add any cool strings such as freezing
(Note all the bigportraits and such are fine I changed them along with the modinfo)

Any help? if you need to look at my files ill send pictures, just specify what attempt you want of it (I only try one thing at a time).

Thanks 

40 minutes ago, FractiousLemon said:

Have you tried using the Extended Character template? I found it very easy to change the artwork with that one.

Yep thats what I was using. do you know how to add sounds and minimap icons by any chance or many even changing the characters health? 

The characters' health can easily be adjusted by editing the [charactername].lua file in the prefabs folder. Sounds and minimap, you'll need to use some of the tutorials around here for that. I managed to pull together a ramshackle mod from those, but I'm afraid I haven't retained enough information to be able to offer more help than that.

1 hour ago, FractiousLemon said:

The characters' health can easily be adjusted by editing the [charactername].lua file in the prefabs folder. Sounds and minimap, you'll need to use some of the tutorials around here for that. I managed to pull together a ramshackle mod from those, but I'm afraid I haven't retained enough information to be able to offer more help than that.

Exactly!  "The characters' health can easily be adjusted by editing the [charactername].lua file" the thing is, it doesnt work! 

Archived