LAN Play - Feedback

Klei, thanks for the beta invite!

I have over 150 hours played on Don't Starve and RoG.  My wife has 400+ hours so we're both pretty familiar with the game.

So far, we're loving the DST Beta.  We're doing LAN play, to test things out without having other people using up our resources.  I have had her host and when I am connected, I notice a bit of latency when picking up items or switching things from one chest to another container.  I'm assuming that this is sending an ACK to the server and waiting for a response so that you don't end up with duplicate items when both people try to pick up the same thing (like many other games).

I've run into a couple of other glitches/bugs which I assume are due to the same issue, but some are not:

• (Every time) When the spiders come out of their den, I don't hear their warning cry (This really makes it dangerous if you are walking in snow and didn't notice the spider den/queen).
  • (Every time) My mining helmet isn't a real light source?  It doesn't allow others to see in the dark, and vice versa.
  • (Every time) When flower Abigail is in the backpack, it shows as 'not ready' but when moved into belt, or the ground it shows floating like normal.
  • (Sometimes) Tentacles in swamp appear to be attacking an invisible mob.  I walked near the tentacle to see if it was real or just a visual glitch and I didn't appear to get hit by it.  I didn't try to get hit too hard though since I was low on life.
  • (Sometimes) When fishing, clicking to hook/reel-in, makes my character walk forward.
  • (Sometimes) When I cut down trees, I hear the sound and the tree shakes, but my character is standing still.
  • (Sometimes) Holding the mouse down for attack doesn't make a continuous attack (This was responsible for my first death). 
  • (Most of the time) Spiders seem to have a very long range when they attack.  I've died a few times from thinking I was far enough away.

I've looked through the bugs forum and found almost all of the issues, so I didn't submit separate bug reports.

Suggestions:
When joining LAN play, instead of having to go to the options and click Show Lan - Yes, having a tab at the top for [ Internet Games ] [ LAN Games ]

When joining a server, having an option to punch in the person's IP address would be great.

Archived