Doydoy population cap checks current world only.

TeoSS69
  • Known Issue

The maximum population of Doydoys (20) is checked in the current generated world only. That means that if I had 20 Doydoys in my Shipwrecked world and brought one of them in the Volcano, it would count as if I had 1/20 in the Volcano and 19/20 in the Shipwrecked world. That way the maximum population of 20 can be exceeded by moving them between "worlds". This can be exploited to have up to 180 Doydoys in a single save file (20 in Shipwrecked + 20 in Volcano + 20 In Don't Starve + 60 in 3 Caves + 60 in 3 Ruins.)

Calculating Naughtiness will work the same way too. If I kill that one Doydoy in the Volcano, Krampus will spawn, even if there are still 19 other Doydoys in one of the islands.

Steps to Reproduce
Bring one Doydoy in the Volcano while multiple others are outside of it. Kill it. Watch Krampus spawn.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

To add to this, the same thing happens when you have 2 doydoys and an egg not in a nest. If you kill 1 doydoy you get a Krampus spawn.

Share this comment

On 3/21/2016 at 5:57 PM, zzKratoszz said:

To add to this, the same thing happens when you have 2 doydoys and an egg not in a nest. If you kill 1 doydoy you get a Krampus spawn.

Idk much about it but i think it is just a feature atleast what Kratoszz said since the egg isnt a doy doy yet but it might be a bug to

Share this comment

1 hour ago, DeathWingOP said:

Idk much about it but i think it is just a feature atleast what Kratoszz said since the egg isnt a doy doy yet but it might be a bug to

In my opinion, this has to be a bug. The idea is you get 50 naughtiness for killing off a species. Then you get 10 or less naughtiness depending on if you have 3 or 20 left. You can test that the doydoy counter is broken in game without even looking at the code. The max doydoy population is 20, we know this simply by waiting and watching. But if you bring some into another world, such as the volcano. The game loses track of how many you have and allows another 20 spawns. This is the same reason you can spawn krampus in a new world when you have more than 2 doydoys somewhere else.

The eggs are actually counted as doydoys. Its just not every version of the egg.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, zzKratoszz said:

In my opinion, this has to be a bug. The idea is you get 50 naughtiness for killing off a species. Then you get 10 or less naughtiness depending on if you have 3 or 20 left. You can test that the doydoy counter is broken in game without even looking at the code. The max doydoy population is 20, we know this simply by waiting and watching. But if you bring some into another world, such as the volcano. The game loses track of how many you have and allows another 20 spawns. This is the same reason you can spawn krampus in a new world when you have more than 2 doydoys somewhere else.

The eggs are actually counted as doydoys. Its just not every version of the egg.

I guess that makes sense just the volcano is a bug for sure since i could get 20 doy doys and just take like 6 there and kill there and then farm krampus that way but the egg i guess like you said is a bugĀ 

Share this comment