Time passing in the loading screen

AAABATTERY
  • Pending

Not entirely sure if this is a bug or just a new feature introduced in the last few months, but when you load a world it be starting up a world or traveling between shards time passes. An example of this is when you first generate a world and start you will already be a quarter through the day because the it was running even though you were in a loading screen. This isn’t typically a issue but sometimes it has negative effects like traveling to the surface during dusk can cause batilsks to get a free hit because you can’t move. Or in rare chances you disconnect in a dangerous situation and when you load back in you’re dead. another way you can see this in affect is the day counter will always higher that the days survive statistic in the player menu.
this happens whether you are playing multiplayer, solo, or offline. 

I understand if this is something that can’t be fixed due to it being a multiplayer game. But this wasn’t always the case, this has been a problem for less than a year but before that it worked perfectly fine

Steps to Reproduce

• Like 1

User Feedback

I can confirm this, but playing solo seems to be fine.

There was a time when we got killed immediately as we loaded in, then I chose solo and got time to act.

Perhaps you turned off auto-pause in single player?

Anyway this is indeed a problem.

Share this comment

On 8/16/2023 at 3:53 AM, KeyRecord1 said:

I can confirm this, but playing solo seems to be fine.

There was a time when we got killed immediately as we loaded in, then I chose solo and got time to act.

Perhaps you turned off auto-pause in single player?

Anyway this is indeed a problem.

I might be doing something wrong then because as someone who plays solo almost exclusively with auto-pause turned on this still happens

Share this comment