Non-Hosts Can’t Enter Caves After Gorge Update

Greenarmpit
  • Pending

Ever since the Gorge update on XBOXONE, nobody except the host of a server can enter the Caves level on Don’t Starve Together. I’ve tried on several servers, and the result is always the same. Friends of my regular server are able to log into the game as normal if they are located on the Surface level, but those that last logged off in the Caves are now unable to connect to the server at all. Many of my friends have done some testing of this bug and it is reproduced every time. Help!

Steps to Reproduce
Log into anyone’s server (other than your own) and attempt to enter the Caves level via a sinkhole. The game will lose connection and when you log back in you will still be on the Surface level.

User Feedback

My friends and I (6 of us) are also unable to go into caves unless we are game host. We only purchased the game a week ago though, so I can't confirm if it is something that occurred after the Gorge update as we had not played prior to it.

Share this comment

This issue seems to have been fixed.  I was on vacation at the time, but my friends said that Caves on each others’ servers first returned to normal functionality on Friday, September 14th.

Thanks to Klei for fixing it, but it’s kind of annoying you couldn’t acknowledge the issue or even say you were looking into it.

Share this comment