Local split screen lag and spikes

Hinoishi
  • Fixed

After waiting for more than a day for Klei to fix the bug where second split screen player couldn't get online, we now have a new bug. I'm playing a split screen - local only game and I have HUGE LAG AND SPIKES. Either it is the first or the second player, we randomly get thrown around without us even touching the controller, the character keeps going back to an object (returns to a just lit grass pod, a chest they just opened and closed) and keeps reopening/closing chests, again without even touching the controller. Internet connection is fine and stable, both accounts are functional and up until the latest update everything was always fine. No lag, no spikes, no random bugs. This is really frustrating as I have little free time and limited days to play, relax and have some fun with my gf, and this stuff is really frustrating. I really expect Klei to get that fixed ASAP, since I've noticed that I'm not the only one that has this problem. Really disappointed, as I'm a huge fan of this game, having purchased it on three different platforms (PC, Xbox One, PS4).

Steps to Reproduce

Just playing the game with stable internet connection.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Can confirm. The lag is terrible, essentially making the game unplayable at times. It includes things like infinite planting animation and your character forcefully sliding back to a previous position after moving away from it. Would really like them to address this.

• Like 1

Share this comment

It says fixed. Are you kidding me? Not just co-op even singleplayer is incredibly laggy sometimes for no reason. Enemies who are nowhere near me just hit me anyways, it makes fighting bosses impossible.

Share this comment