Inability to Autosave Message Leads to Loss of All Servers

Greenarmpit
  • Pending

A group of us were playing DST today on XboxOne when a large window appeared over my screen.  I was hosting.  I had been spamming the A button and I think this caused me to skip past the window because it closed before I could see what it said.  I think I saw a message and diagram about syncing my save data, but there might have been more than that.

Next I had a window saying that the game was unable to autosave.  It had two button options: Retry and Disable. I tried Retry several times but it never worked and kept giving me the two options.  I eventually hit Disable and it returned me to the game, where I promptly logged off.

I logged back into DST and when I went to the Host menu, all of my servers were gone.  I erased the local save data and restarted the game, and it gave the “took too long to load” message and crashed a few times until I reset my Xbox.

After the reset, I logged into the game, which synced with the cloud saves.  On the Host menu, I still don’t have any servers.

I understand my servers are probably gone, and that’s a drag.  I hope you guys can isolate this issue so it never happens again.

i did a Bug Report through the game interface under the name Greenarmpit, but it was much less detailed than this due to lack of space.

Steps to Reproduce
We were just playing the game normally, I don’t know that anything unusual occurred to trigger it. I will say that I had a very old world, Wilderness Mode, around 4460 days in age, though that wasn’t the one we were playing at the time. We’ve joked that it would break someday, due to all of the bases and structures and walls and bunny men and moles and so forth, and maybe it did.

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.