Naming Beefalo Messes with World (Offline LAN Play)

YYHa
  • Pending

Hello, when trying to name my Beefalo, some strange and not really pleasant things happen. On a offline LAN world, either classic or with adjusted settings, naming Beefalo can freeze the game and also cause disconnecting problems. When using a Beefalo Bell, on a 2 player world, after choosing a name and pressing “OK” or “+”, the game will freeze for both the host and guest. When pressing the confirm button, the Beefalo owner has to confirm two times before the game will register which it will then also freeze once again. This happens for both host and guest. Afterwords, the game can completely freeze and not work; okay, not exactly freezing. The menus and controls can still be selected and changed with the right stick, but no moving creatures can move, including players. 

Specifically for a host, after naming the Beefalo it will freeze the game, then kick out the guest player. We know this as on the host game, the text that the guest has disconnected will appear after a few in game hours, whilst the guest will only see a frozen screen, showing them still ingame being able to scroll through their inventory and side left bar. Sometimes for the host, both, host and guest will be kicked and have a frozen screen (has happened 2 times for me). Note, Guest player does not always get kicked out, but does have to wait, the wait can vary between 30sec - A long time. 

When a guest tries to name a Beefalo….there is a slim chance that the Beefalo can be named. I’ve only been able to rename my Beefalo once as a guest. The guest will need to confirm 2 times, the game will then freeze for both host and guest. The host can resume fine after the freeze, but the guest is most always frozen for an indefinite amount of time, which will then go to a loading screen, while on the host’s screen. The text displaying that the guest has disconnected will show, with the timing of either screen of the guest’s. After being kicked and rebooting game, once rejoined, the guest will see that they are bonded with the Beefalo, but unfortunately it’s name is by default “Beefalo” and not a cool name. :wilson_ecstatic:

My sister and I have tired it many times, while switching the positions of host and guest. It’s not a big bug/issue, just sucks that a Beefalo can’t have a sick name.

Steps to Reproduce

Specifically for a host, after naming the Beefalo it will freeze the game, then kick out the guest player. We know this as on the host game, the text that the guest has disconnected will appear after a few in game hours, whilst the guest will only see a frozen screen, showing them still ingame being able to scroll through their inventory and side left bar. Sometimes for the host, both, host and guest will be kicked and have a frozen screen (has happened 2 times for me). Note, Guest player does not always get kicked out, but does have to wait, the wait can vary between 30sec - A long time. 

When a guest tries to name a Beefalo….there is a slim chance that the Beefalo can be named. I’ve only been able to rename my Beefalo once as a guest. The guest will need to confirm 2 times, the game will then freeze for both host and guest. The host can resume fine after the freeze, but the guest is most always frozen for an indefinite amount of time, which will then go to a loading screen, while on the host’s screen. The text displaying that the guest has disconnected will show, with the timing of either screen of the guest’s. After being kicked and rebooting game, once rejoined, the guest will see that they are bonded with the Beefalo, but unfortunately it’s name is by default “Beefalo” and not a cool name. :wilson_ecstatic:

• Wavey 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.