Going online requires membership

Guypersonguy
  • Pending

So you know how you can get wortox for free by getting free spools, well I can't get any because just to collect any items I need to have a member ship, I'm not even trying to join a match just trying to log in brings me to the nintendo switch online menu

Steps to Reproduce

Without a nintendo switch online account try to log in on the start screen

• Wavey 1

User Feedback

I don't think this is a bug, as an offline account isn't able to have cosmetics or access the online inventory of cosmetics.

Cosmetics and such are stored via the cloud, in order for the game to recognize how much time you are playing on the game, and determine what you deserve to earn. They must have you connected to their online services. 

They simply have no ability to reliably track progress - in ways that can't be abused by people restarting the game or changing their date and time to cheat the system. 

Spools are considered part of the online storage reward system, and thus are only available online. 

• Like 2

Share this comment

I do still feel like its possible though because in dont starve switch edition, you can buy hamlet with no problem. And if you think about it their losing money because say I want to buy something from the shop but I don't have a online membership, I just can't buy it at all

Share this comment

The requirement of having a membership isn't up to Klei. Pretty much every game on the switch that has online features requires you to have the membership, its not up to the game devs. It's a switch thing not a Klei thing, so they don't have any other choice (:

• Health 1

Share this comment

22 hours ago, SunflowerFox said:

The requirement of having a membership isn't up to Klei. Pretty much every game on the switch that has online features requires you to have the membership, its not up to the game devs. It's a switch thing not a Klei thing, so they don't have any other choice (:

First of all was in the announcement that switch online is required so indeed not a bug - just a user who cannot inform himself. 

Second: It is up to devs and laziness of them. More accordingly with the release of the switch is Klei for me now a blocked provider for any future releases - cause no information management before during and after release. This is just random ******** and does not deserve any support as no profession is in sigh. 

To prove the statement the online is up to devs is here a list of games you can play online without the subscription:

• Apex Legends
  • Arena of Valor
  • Asphalt 9: Legends
  • Brawlhalla
  • CRSED: F.O.A.D
  • Dauntless
  • Dawn of the Breakers
  • DC Universe Online
  • Fortnite Battle Royale
  • GetAmped
  • Growtopia
  • Kitten Squad
  • Knockout City

• Ninjala
  • Onigiri
  • Paladins
  • Realm Royale
  • Rogue Company
  • Spellbreak
  • Skyforge
  • Smite
  • Super Animal Royale
  • Trove
  • Vigor
  • Warface
  • Warframe
  • World of Tanks: Blitz

source:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thumbsticks.com/which-switch-games-can-you-play-online-without-nintendo-switch-online-subscription/amp/

Share this comment

On 4/22/2022 at 11:35 AM, Guypersonguy said:

Those are actually free games so thats why they're able to be played online for free

Hey, dude, on the switch you need to have a Nintendo switch online membership to PLAY GAMES ONLINE. You need to buy the subscription to play in online mode for the games that arent listed above; playing don't starve together in the online mode with other people from around the world, requires you to have the subscription. This is not a bug, this is a nintendo thing. Perhaps next time look around first before assuming it's a bug

Edited by PshhMizu
Forgot a few words

Share this comment