Error message when trying to generate a new world & trying to resume a world you already had + Game Crashing

sburker1
  • Pending

I'm getting an error message when trying to generate a new world. I dont know if it matters but i am on a switch lite. I have tried generating an endless, survival and a relaxed mode world without changing any settings and every time it says a software has closed because an error has occurred. Then when i tried to make a relaxed mode world right now it said server failed to start we are not sure why error. 

Also i just went to resume a previous world from before this update and it still is crashing when trying to load/generate my world. Therefore dont starve together on the switch is now unplayable for me. please help, thanks in advance.

ok so i did some more testing and it might be an issue with the servers maybe? Because I went onto my other profile on my switch that doesn't have switch online and it worked. it let me create a world but solo of course because no online. But when i tried to make an offline world on my main accounts thing it gave the error and crashed again. So maybe it has to do with cloud saves or something.

ok so i went onto my main account and tried to generate an offline world and it worked this time but offline so no custom skins or anything. So it has to do something with the cloud or just online servers.

Steps to Reproduce

Try and create a new world on my switch lite. Try and load your world from the previous save before this update. 

User Feedback

Basically, for anyone else out there having this issue,  a current small work around is to play the game in offline mode if you are experiencing this crash problem.

oh i think they fixed it it's working now.

Share this comment