Character runs back and forth jittering

youstinkdonpatch
  • Pending

Sometimes my character will start running back and forth like they're jittering in place and become unresponsive to any inputs. The only way ive found to fix it is to pause the game or be pushed by another player.

Steps to Reproduce

I can't figure out exactly what causes it but I believe it happens with all characters (definitely wormwood will have to double check with any other characters) and I've deleted and redownloaded the game. It may be caused by turning around quickly while interacting with something but Im never paying enough attention to confirm that's actually what happened every time. It's fairly frequent where it's not worth playing online where I can't pause the game to get myself out of it. My Internet is pretty solid with super high download speeds and normal upload speeds although it can be wonky and slow down for a bit for some unknown reason occasionally. I don't think the aformentioned slow down would be causing the issue cus the bug happens much more often than the occasional periods my internet slows down. I'm not sure what I could possibly be doing differently than other players who aren't experiencing this issue.

User Feedback

I've been paying more attention to when it happens and it happened without my clicking any directional input while watering my crops

Share this comment

I had this problem too. I became infuriated during the Ancient Fuelweaver fight so I stopped and committed to solving it.  I resolved it after I turned off lag compensation and target locking. I hope that helps. ;)

Share this comment

I started with just turning off lag compensation and so far that's working! I do move a smidge wonky now so it'd be great if this could get fixed but I'm happy! Will update if I run into it again but for now I'm gonna assume that fixed it.

Share this comment