PS4 Players not able to join my PS5 Megabase

JustNomadx
  • Pending

Hello Klei, 

When the Rifts got added to the game, some people who play on PS4 havent been able to join my world, they try to join, it says that they are joining and their character is being loaded but after a minute it says „Player has left the game“ and they are stuck in a loading screen for a couple minutes. There has been a hotfix inbetween that fixed it for a while, but since the skilltree update its back. Could you please fix it cause i kinda wanna play with my people.

I even tried killing all my pigs at pigfarm, bunnies at bunnymen village and connecting them during night where theres no bees, so the issue isnt to much stuff in my base. After a couple tries (1-2hours of trying) they are able tk join.  

As far as i can tell PS5 players were always able tk join my world first try. 

My PS4 friends also sometimes cant get into a dedicated klei server. Or an early world. 

If you need more information ill gladly provide it. For now thats all j have to offer.

Thanks for looking into it and please keep me up to date on that one.

Update: turns out the first PS5 player wasnt able to join my world yesterday. now its getting sad and lonely. 

I tried every fix that came to my mind like: 

- uninstalling and reinstalling the game

- disabling rifts 

- going to spots where rifts sometimes still show on the map when they are actually gone, so the mapicon disappears

- moving all my bunnymenghutches and spiderfarm to caves (i thought maybe my map is just overloaded for some people) 

- disabling twiggytrees and collecting every single item on the floor and chopping every twiggytree in the world (to reduce lag) 

- i played with public/private/friends settings 

- pausing the game while somebody is joining 

- standing at the exact spot where the person should join 

- and many many more things that i simply forgot cause i tried everything… 

nothing fixed it so far.

Sometimes people cant join new worlds either. So it shouldnt be a megabase only issue.

Hope you guys take a look at this bug soon, its getting lonely out here.

Kind regards

Steps to Reproduce

Basically just own a PS4. 

No other steps required.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I have been having this exact same issue for a while. It doesn't really seem like there is anything that us players can do for now. We just sort of have to sit here, and hope that Klei will eventually fix it. I made a post a couple days ago about this same issue, but I have yet to get a response. From my experiences with these loading bugs it seems like random worlds simply cannot be joined by other players, regardless of whether or not they are old or new. If I end up figuring out an exact cause for these loading issues, then I will post them.

Share this comment