DST PS4 Edition Loading Issues (Infinite Loading Screens)

Catcoon321
  • Pending

The PS4 Edition of DST has been having some bugs with loading ever since the last couple updates have released. Basically when attempting to join a server, the PS4 Edition has a tendency to get stuck in infinite loading screens, and will end up claiming that players have "left the server" before they even fully finish loading into the server. This same issue typically occurs when the rollback feature is used, as it will often trap every player apart from the host in an infinite loading screen. Infinite loading screens also occur frequently while a server is being regenerated, and for seemingly no reason.  Even if players are able to successfully join servers on the PS4 Edition, servers typically crash after about 5+ days of gameplay. As of the most recent patch, this issue is slightly less common, but it is still quite a prevalent issue.  If this issue could be looked into, and possibly patched in the next update or hot-fix that would be greatly appreciated! If additional details or explanation is needed, I would be happy to provide them. Edit: If anyone reading this has had any similar bugs with loading, then comment them down below! It might turn out to be helpful information!

Steps to Reproduce

I've done a good amount of testing to see if there is any sort of consistency to these loading bugs occurring, and there doesn't currently seem to be a cause, but rather it just seems like random worlds or possibly even users are plagued with these loading bugs. If I find a cause for this, I will post it here.

• Like 2

User Feedback

Correct, this happened to me when I joined the official server and other player’s host.  I can only play in my host now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Just ran a bit of a test. Pausing the server seems to have no effect on whether or not servers are able to load, as I just had an alt-account attempt to join my server 4 separate times while the game was paused, each attempt resulting in an infinite loading screen for my alt-account. Since both PS4's were in the same room, I highly doubt that it was a connection issue, given that the internet connection speed for both PS4s was over 30 mbps. Not sure if this is information of value, but I just figured I'd post it anyway.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I have had this same issue as well. I have tried to load into a server, whether it is my own, or another players server, and I get stuck on the loading screen until it says that I have been disconnected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Just experienced yet another issue with loading, this time with the caves. My server keeps getting caught in endless loading screens when attempting to leave the caves, and as such I can't actually leave without using the rollback feature. No idea why this happens, but it seems pretty consistent.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I play in a group of 4 people and one person in the group consistently gets this bug eventually, and I myself have also run into this bug a couple times but not as much.

• Like 1

Share this comment