Constant Loading Screen When Joining Games and Caves

nicolas103
  • Pending

Recently, 2 of my friends have this issue where joining becomes extremely annoying.

They seem to constantly disconnect from the lobby when trying to join, or when trying to go in/out of caves, but for them it's just an endless loading screen.

We'd made the world before "Terror Below" and had no issues with joining each other before the updates.

It can take upwards of 20-40 Mins just to all play together.

Not sure how to reproduce because my PS5, and PS4 Pro don't seem to have this issue.

Only other thing I can say is that 2 live in the same house as me and only 1 of them has this issue. While the other friend lives in the US has the issue too

Both people with the issue are on PS4 Slim

• Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

Hi there - I'm getting the same! My friend with the PS5 made the server, I'm on PS4, had no problems until last week or two, now I just get stuck on endless loading screens while trying to join. We are both in the same geographical region (same city). Any help would be gratefully appreciated! 

Share this comment

Also, sorry, should have specified - we made the server about a year ago, and it includes both surface and caves.

Share this comment

Also all the friends had a hard time joining each other servers the past few days 

shows the on screen friends joined and then says friend left. While the friend says they are still in loading screen. 

all the ps4 friends had this problems on my world and my other friends worlds 

Share this comment

Hi there, some new data! If the host pauses the game once they launch our server, and I don't join until I see in the server list that it is paused, I have (touch wood) a 100% success rate of getting in. (Then once I'm in they just unpause and we play as usual)

Share this comment