Super Sustainable achievement broken in testing branch?

Kanukki
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I was initially concerned that I could exploit the new teleport destination asteroids that had already-built Coal Generators, but I chose not to hook them up so that I could finally get the Super Sustainable achievement with a clean conscience. 

But since the latest update to the Testing Build, The achievement is locked-out with a red check next to "Never Built a Coal Generator" even though I didn't build it (and never fueled it, connected it, or drew any energy from it). This makes it basically impossible to get the achievement in the current build unless you don't use the teleporter. I will try deconstructing the generator, but I figure the achievement is already lost with this run.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 190708.png

Steps to Reproduce

Send dupe through Teleporter from starting asteroid. 

Open Colony Summary. Coal Generator is Red X marked.

User Feedback

Seems now to be back to earlier behaviour in the current Testing Branch build. Teleporting to second asteroid (with pre-built Coal Generator) doesn't red-tick the achievement.

Share this comment

On review of this new game it seems that my dupes must have loaded the disconnected Coal Generator once they dug into coal. So the negative trigger is indeed powering a non-sustainable generator rather than building or having one (as it should be). So just the text description "Built an X Generator" should be changed to make it more clear what the trigger is.

Edited by Kanukki
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment