small packets in the pipeline from reservoir to valve

tenbata
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When the output of the reservoir is reduced by the valve, small packets are randomly generated in the pipeline before the valve.

version: U36-481873-S

oni_small_packet_from_reservoir.png

Steps to Reproduce

see the uploaded images.

User Feedback

Where's the bug? How would you expect the system to behave? The valve can only pass a certain amount now, less than maximum, so only that amount (or more, when a flow cycle was skipped) can flow back in from the reservoir.

I guess if you stopped the flow for a moment, the larger packet would merge into the smaller one, then the one before that, and so on.

Edited by AyCe

Share this comment

5 hours ago, AyCe said:

Where's the bug? How would you expect the system to behave? The valve can only pass a certain amount now, less than maximum, so only that amount (or more, when a flow cycle was skipped) can flow back in from the reservoir.

I guess if you stopped the flow for a moment, the larger packet would merge into the smaller one, then the one before that, and so on.

Thanks for the comment.

If the contents of the reservoir are sufficient, it is expected that full packets will be output, and I seem to recall that this is how it worked in previous versions.

Edited by tenbata
The description was unclear.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, tenbata said:

Thanks for the comment.

If the contents of the reservoir are sufficient, it is expected that full packets will be output, and I seem to recall that this is how it worked in previous versions.

I find it puzzling that the reservoir also has a start-stop-bubble caused by a clogged pipe, and
I think it is out of balance when compared to a pump that has the payback of saving power.

Share this comment