Scrolling stutter, dupes stutter and not moving as fast as I was used too, Gsync (ultimate?) related

Bluestrike
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I decided to play the game again after almost a year.
Meanwhile I got a new screen.

I expirienced a stutter every time I move the view around, dupes seemed to stutter and "lag" as well.
After a while of playing I found things kept very slow so I loaded a older base and noticed that on the highest speed  I could easily keep track of a dupe going trough a transport tupe while I am used to them flashing trough it.

I found a steam post mentioning the same problem and  someone had a fix with disabling G-sync.
I was sceptical but tried this anymway as changing resolution and disabling mods had no effect (my old screen supported G-sync compatile  my new screen supports G-sync Ultimate)

And it worked, the game runs as I was used too.

Steps to Reproduce

- Buy a Alienware AW3821DW sceen  (or other G-sync Ultimate supporting screen)

GeForce G-SYNC Monitors: Manufacturers & Specs (nvidia.com)

- Enable G-sync.

- Play the game

• Like 1

User Feedback

I think I'm seeing something similar, but I didn't buy a new screen - I just updated my nvidia drivers recently.  The animations run really slowly, then 'snap' to where they should be, resulting in dupes blinking ahead after appearing to walk slowly.  It happens when scrolling too - really slow, then the screen will suddenly jump to where it should be.

Share this comment

I have this exact same issue too on all my old saves since the update. Only starting a new game doesn't have this issue.

Share this comment