Removing Solo Spacefare Nosecone causes Crash

InspireMe7
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I noticed some Crashes in my Games until i finally realised why.
Apparently when i destroy the Nosecone of my Rocket the Game can Crash. I dont know why.1287941680_bug.thumb.png.ab0cb43dc9ce35740f4fc6b394a96e3c.png

Steps to Reproduce

Well i guess just destroy a nosecone of a Rocket that has something built inside it.
Maybe the Rocket needs to been exposed to Space already. (This one has been in Space and i made changes to the Modules)
The other Parts of the Rocket could be removed without a Problem.
Removing the Module AND pressing destroy Module both seem to cause the Crash.
Trying to replace the Module with a Big Petrolium Engine caused the Game to crash aswell.
Building an Engine under the Nosecone and removing it then didnt work either.

Maybe it has something to do with the Big amount of Oxygen i have no idea.(More then 5kg per Tile)

My  solution was to get the Rocket into Space and destroy it via the Abandon Ship option. This didnt cause a Crash. (Thank god i thought this Rocket was invinceble! :P)

20221008060311_1.jpg

20221008054923_1.jpg

20221008054927_1.jpg

20221008054956_1.jpg

20221008055000_1.jpg

20221008055418_1.jpg

User Feedback

The Player.log you included doesn't appear to contain a crash. Could you confirm you are attaching the Player.log from the session that crashed, or better yet attach the save file that this happens in?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 10/11/2022 at 7:13 PM, JovanR said:

The Player.log you included doesn't appear to contain a crash. Could you confirm you are attaching the Player.log from the session that crashed, or better yet attach the save file that this happens in?

I had that happening to me as well. I saved several crash reports, but I don't have the player.log files from any of those sessions. I tried looking through the Steam folder and Klei folder in documents and I didn't find anything. I luckily still have a save file from the point where the module in question caused issues (I just tried deconstructing one random SSf Nosecone and it didn't cause a crash), so I'm attaching this older save (it's a colony made especially for the Sweet Dreams update, tho' I do use a large number of mods but the module only has basic components, so hopefully it shouldn't cause too many problems).

I noticed this happens whenever there are buildings inside the nosecone that have potential errands tied to them (in my case an outhouse and a storage bin). When I deconstructed all the buildings inside the module, the deconstruction of the Nosecone itself did NOT cause a crash.

Additional info:
The instances of crashes in the report are numbered, starting with the oldest; they contain what was copied from the in-game crash-report.
All the crashes are from the one SSf Module from the rocket named Helper II on the main asteroid (Curdibo)
System specs included in the MS Info file.

ONI_crashlog_01.txt Fabula_s.sav

MSInfo_02.txt

Edited by JustRogers
Removed some of the private or useless info from MSInfo file.

Share this comment