POI tiles visible when they no longer exist

tailginton
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I wasn't able to reproduce this with my past few saves, so I'm not sure what happened or if maybe it is fixed in a save/reload. But after sending Nisbet through a teleporter and doing some digging for a few cycles, I noticed that she was standing in the same tile as the POI generated "Tile (Sandstone)". As in, her hat was visible but most of her body was hidden behind the tile. Also my outhouse was reporting that it was missing a tile for its base, and when I hovered over these tiles they showed oxygen in them (I don't remember if they also showed the Tile). Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of this, thinking I could recreate it.

My only guess as to how this might have happened is that I saw Nisbet have a stress response of Destroy things. She did have a stress break, although I'm not sure if she broke several of these tiles or not (I think about eight were broken?) but it definitely looked like she broke at least some of them. Although maybe it's just that I noticed the bug when she had this response.

Before I saved/reloaded, I deconstructed these tiles. They deconstructed and dropped materials as if they still existed. Then I marked to rebuild them (of course I can't rebuild them as POI-style tiles) which is what this image is showing.

My most recent auto-save seemed fine when I loaded it, but I've uploaded that and my manual save. Sadly I didn't think to save it manually until after I had deconstructed tiles, so I may have fixed all the offending tiles.

I haven't included an output log since there wasn't a crash, but let me know if there's something else you need :)

457140_screenshots_20201124025818_1.jpg

Hardy Pit Cycle 151.sav Hardy Pit 2.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Just a guess:

1. Generate a POI (maybe a teleporter building specifically?)

2. Have a dupe stress react by destroying POI tiles.

User Feedback

Not sure if this is related, but I think Nisbet just built herself into a tile? The save is exactly at the point of the screenshot, then I had her friend deconstruct her tile so she could escape. She's on the "na" cluster.

457140_screenshots_20201124173540_1.jpg

Hardy Pit 3.sav

Share this comment