"Missing Research Station" warning displays unnecessarily

alficles
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Existing behaviour: The "Missing Research Station" warning appears when you are researching a technology for which you are missing one or more research stations.

Expected behaviour: The warning should appear only when you are researching a technology for which you are missing one or more research stations for uncompleted research.

The behaviour is the same as before the DLC, but the space requirements of rockets means a lot more deconstructing your orbital lab. If you have completed the orbital part of the research you're doing, lacking an orbital lab should not be a warning, because having it wouldn't improve your research. This isn't the most serious of all bugs, but it's mildly annoying and if nobody reports it, it might not get fixed. :)

Steps to Reproduce

Start researching a technology that requires all 4 kinds of research and disable the basic research station. Let the last 3 kinds of research complete. Deconstruct the orbital research station. Enable the basic research station. Observe that there's a warning about a missing research station, even though you have all the research stations required to complete the current research.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I believe this is related / the same issue, but I had the message appear early-game and stay incorrectly.  Additionally, the message references the incorrect hotkey.

Rough Timeline:

• Build super computer (no researchers can use it yet)
  • Begin research on tech that requires Advanced Research (Alert pops up)
  • Activate the skill for a dupe
  • Alert remains in place, despite being able to research it
  • Actively use the referenced skill (e.g. Super Computer)
  • Alert remains in place, despite active research to the contrary

The alert eventually disappeared, after research completed maybe?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

After re-reading, I just noticed those are two different alerts.  My mistake.  I would delete my comment, but I can't find a way to do so.

Share this comment