Magma melts wires from far away

DarkDaskin
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I have a magma pool made of insulated tiles which has a steel auto-door at bottom. This door has steel wire corrected to it, which is continued with lead wires inside insulated tiles. When I continue to expand the power network, some lead wires several tiles under the magma pool melt as soon as a duplicant puts the materials for building. The molten lead ens up inside the magma pool and the wire construction errand is now broken. The unbuilt wire now has 26 kg of lead (instead of 25 kg normal wires have) and duplicants refuse to build it unless I cancel and place a wire again. All adjacent tiles and wires have low temperature around 50 ℃, so nothing should melt there.

The issue does not reproduce every time, but if it triggered for a tile, it will reproduce over and over until I build a wire of steel.

The same happens with automation wires as well.

This is not caused by mods, it reproduced before any mod was enabled as well.

20210226102949_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Load the attached save file (too big to upload). Cancel the wire indicated on the screenshot and place a new lead wire there. It will melt as soon as material is delivered.

User Feedback

Tempshift plate is not an issue, I had wires melt in tiles not touching it as well. And it won't be hotter than 200℃ anyway.

Share this comment

The bug is not limited to wires, I witnessed heat transfer from magma to rock on conveyor rail several tiles below magma pool.

Share this comment