Lead suit vs atmo suit checkpoints

Kludge
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Suit checkpoints don't seem to distinguish between the type of suit they're supposed to care after.  When a dupe returns back past the checkpoint, they'll drop whatever suit they're wearing on the floor, since there's no matching suit dock.

For example:  I have a dupe in an atmo suit walk past a lead suit dock (empty) and its lead suit checkpoint that I had just built far underground - so far, no issue.  On the way back, the dupe drops his atmo suit on the floor beside the lead suit checkpoint, proceeding to choke & freeze due to how far he is from the atmo checkpoint.

You could argue that an enabled lead suit checkpoint should block another suit type from progressing past that checkpoint - that's kind of the point, after all.  But I'm more concerned with the behavior on the way back.  The checkpoint is meant to ensure that a particular suit is worn after crossing a threshold;  on the way back, they should be allowed to go through with whatever they're wearing IF IT DOESN'T MATCH.   It doesn't make sense to drop an atmo suit at a lead suit checkpoint, or an oxygen mask at an atmo suit checkpoint, etc.  Otherwise, what's the point of differing checkpoints in the first place?

In other words, if a dupe returns past a checkpoint:

- if the suit type matches:  if there's an available dock, dock the suit, else drop it on the ground;

- if the suit type doesn't match, do nothing, keep going.

Steps to Reproduce

Build an atmo dock/checkpoint;  have a dupe walk through & progress some distance, walk through another dock/checkpoint (different suit type).  Allow him to return, watch him drop his suit at the 2nd checkpoint that doesn't match his suit type.

• Like 4

User Feedback

I can confirm this behaviour is rather annoying.  I cant think of a reason why this would be an intentional game mechanic.  Each checkpoint type should control only that respective type of suit.  Behaviour should be correct regardless of dupe path direction.  Having the Vacancy Only setting pertain as a blocked on the entrance side would be a bonus where dupes would be restricted from entering or existing if the correct suit  type cannot / is not stored.

Share this comment